03 Nights / 04 Days - Fly in Fly Out
This morning you will fly for about an hour over the panoramic Himalayan Ranges to the capital of Tibet " Lhasa" - at an altitude of 3,650 mt, is situated on the north bank of Kyichu River. Lhasa in Tibetan means "Place of the Gods", the residence of the Dalai Lama. Life is unhurried, its people jovial and yet remaining staunchly independent.
On arrival you will be met by the local representative and transferred to your respective hotel. Balance off the day free to relax and acclimatize to the altitude.
Overnight stay at the Hotel
Day 02 - Lhasa / Sightseeing
Today we will visit the Jokhang Temple, situated in the heart of Old Lhasa, it houses Tibet's most precious religious relic, a golden Shakyamuni Buddha which was brought as a gift by the Chinese Princess Wen Cheng on the occasion of her wedding to the Tibetan King, Songtsen Gompo. Surrounding the Jokhang Temple is the bustling Barkhor Market place which is the religious and social focus of Lhasa.
Later in the day visit the Potala Palace, this legendary palace built atop a single hill is synonymous with Tibet by the first foremost king Songtsen Gompa. It was expanded to its present structure during the 17th century by the 5th Dalai Lama. This 13 story 1000 room citadel served as the headquarters of the former "church-state" of the Tibet and was home to successive Dalai Lamas, who from the latter half of the 18th century used it as their Winter palace.
Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 03 - Lhasa Excursion
This morning we will drive to Drepung Monastery, 8 Kms west of Lhasa - said to be the largest monastery in the world, housing over 10,000 monks. It was founded in 1416 by the disciple of Je Tsonkhapa, founder of the Yellow Hat Gelukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. The second, third and fourth Dalai Lamas lived and were entombed here. Drepung in Tibetan means "Richmond".
Also visit the Sera Monastery, 5 Kms north of Lhasa, Sera setting is one of Lhasa's prettiest monasteries. Once a community of more than 5,000 monks resided here and was virtually extinguished by the Chinese. The restored monastery sits below the brow of hill on which tsongkhapa built a hermitage and spent several years mediating. One of the monks disciples began building Sera in 1419, completing it a few years later.
Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 04 - Lhasa / Kathmandu Flight
You will be picked up from your respective hotel in time to connect your flight back to Kathmandu.
Terms and Price Details For (PRIVATE TOUR)
|All below prices are per person quoted in US $ & are valid FROM 01 APRIL 2007 TO 31 OCTOBER 2007|
|Category||01 Pax||02-03 Pax||04 pax Pax||Flight Fare
(Kathmandu / Lhasa / Kathmandu)*
|ABF Suppl.||SRS. Suppl.|
|First||USD 1017.00||USD 605.00||USD 535.00||USD 772||Include||USD 193.00|
|Medium||USD 770.00||USD 455.00||USD 332.00||USD 772||Include||USD 75.00|
|Budget||USD 717.00||USD 423.00||USD 305.00||USD 772||Include||USD 65.00|
|* Tibet normal visa fee USD 122 per person extra
(Subject to Change)
* Above Air Fare are as on date & subject to change.
The Above cost includes :-
- All accommodation on twin share on bed & breakfast basis.
- All arrival / departure transfers, drives, sightseeing tours by Non-aircon 4WD Toyota Jee.
- Local English speaking guide for sightseeing tours.
- Entrance fee to monuments.
- Tibet Travel Permit Fee.
Cost doesn't include:-
- 1.Any arrangements in Kathmandu.
- Airfare, which is quoted separately.
- Airport taxes.
- Insurance, Medical Expenses, Emergency evacuation / rescue in any form.
- Any expenses arising due to landslides, political disturbances, strikes or any other reasons beyond our reasonable control.
- Any visa fees.
- All expenses of personal nature such as drinks,laundry, tips , photography fees in monuments etc.
- Any other item, which is not mentioned above.
Visa / Tibet Travel Permit Conditions :
- Individual Travellers who are willing to join our Fixed Departure Groups (Tour No. 5 only), are recommended to bring visa from their own country, as it will be much easier.
- As per the rules of the Chinese Embassy,we need passport details (Passport Photocopy) in advance i.e. Minimum 15 Days prior to the commencement of tour to obtain Tibet Travel Permit.
|Hotels to be used or similar|
|Lhasa||Hotel Lhasa, Hotel Tibet , Hotel Himalaya or Hotel Dekang||Hotel Trichang Labrang, Hotel Gorkha, Hotel Hotel Gangyan or Hotel Shangbala||Hotel Flora, Hotel Mandala or Hotel Snowland|
|Flt :||flight||Srs:||single room supplement|
|Abf:||American breakfast||Pax :||No.of Person|
........ Our Other Tour Packages ........