7 NIGHTS/ 8 DAYS ( FLY IN / FLY OUT) TOUR
Morning you will fly for about an hour over the panoramic Himalayan Ranges to the capital of Tibet. "Lhasa" . Lhasa at an altitude of 3,650 mt, is situated on the north bank of Kyichu River. Lhasa in Tibetan means "Place of the Gods", the residence of the Dalai Lama., On arrival you will be met by the local representative and transferred to your respective hotel. (60 km/ 1 hr). Full rest in the afternoon to acclimatize. Overnight at hotel in Lhasa.
Day 02: Lhasa
After breakfast full day sightseeing of Sera Monastery, Jokhang Monastery, Barkhor Market. Sera Monastery, 5 Kms north of Lhasa, Sera setting is one of Lhasa's prettiest monasteries. Once a community of more than 5,000 monks resided here and was virtually extinguished by the Chinese. Jokhang Temple, situated in the heart of Old Lhasa, it houses Tibet's most precious religious relic, a golden Shakyamuni Buddha which was brought as a gift by the Chinese Princess Wen Cheng on the occasion of her wedding to the Tibetan King, Songtsen Gompo. Barkhor Market place, which is the religious and social focus of Lhasa.After Sight seeing you will be transferred to hotel for your Overnight at hotel in Lhasa.
Day 03: Lhasa
After breakfast, proceed for full day sightseeing of Potala Palace, Ramoche Monastery and & Norbulinka. Potala Palace, this legendary palace built atop a single hill is synonymous with Tibet by the first foremost king Songtsen Gompa. Norbulingka meaning 'Treasure Park' covers an area of around 360000 sq. m. and is considered to be the biggest man made garden in Tibet. After sight seeing you will be transferred to hotel for your Overnight at hotel in Lhasa.
Day 04: Lhasa-Shigatse
Morning drive to Shigatse (273 km). Shigaste is Tibet's 2nd most important city. Later proceed for sightseeing of flee-market. After sight seeing you will be transferred to hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 05: Shigatse-Gyantse
Morning sightseeing of Tashilunpo Monastery. Tashilunpo Monastery was founded in 1447 and is the largest Yellow Hat sect monastery in Tibet. Tashilunpo was the seat of the Panchen Lamas. Tashilunpo contains chortens, temples and the Panchen Lama's palace. At its peak, Tashilunpo had more than 4,000 monks in its 4 monasteries.
Afternoon drive to Gyantse (90 km). Gyantse is a small town south west of Lhasa. It is one of the few places where the Chinese have not changed much. Gyantse is known because of its Fortress, the Dzong, a very special building ,the Kimbum, and a monastery. In Gyantse sightseeing of Kumbum Stupa & Phalkor Monastery. A little further down the road is a wall build around a monastery and a strange building called the Kumbum. The monastery is called Pelkor Chode. It was founded in 1418. Formally there were a number of monasteries inside the walls but today there is just one left. It is visited by Gelugpa monks. The Kumbum is a building with a strange form. Inside it is even more strage because on the first 4 floors there are rooms that are only on 1 floor but also rooms that extend over 2 floors. Inside you can find a large number of statues. In the gallery of pictures attached to this page you can see a number of the thousand statues. After sight seeing you will be transferred to hotel Hotel Gyantse or similar for your overnight stay.
Day 06: Gyantse-Tsedang
After breakfast, drive to Tsedang via Yamdrok Lake (280km). Tsedang sits on the south bank in the middle section of the YarlungTsangbo River with a moderate climate at an altitude of 3,600 meters. Tsedang is the birthplace of earliest Tibetans who were said to be the offspring of a monkey and a demoness, so Tsedang literally means "monkey's playground". Here's a legend. People said that genius had lived here long before human being resided in Tibet. After the Gods of the genius got married, they had six sons who became the ancestors of the six tribes of Tibet respectively. Tsedang is the hometown of tribes and an important place of origin of the Tibetan culture. Upon arrival you will be transferred to hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel Tsedang or similar (3400m).
Day 07: Tsedang
Today after breakfast, sightseeing of Yambulaghang and Samye. Samye Monastery was the first Buddhist monastery to be founded in Tibet. It is also notable as the site of the "Great Debate" (792 794) between the Indian Mahayanists and Chinese Chán (Zen) Buddhists.Samye is famous for its sacred mandala design: the central temple symbolizes the legendary Mount Meru, center of the universe. It is a popular pilgrimage destination for Tibetan Buddhists, some of whom travel on foot for weeks to reach it. Overnight at Hotel Tsedang or similar .
Day 08: Tsedang-Lhasa/Kathmandu (By Flight)
Transfer to airport to connect return flight.
Tour Cost: (In US$, nett payable to us & remain valid until 31 December 2011) Rates are on twin sharing basis except for 01 pax which is on single occupancy.
|Hotel Category||1 pax||2-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-9 pax||10-19 pax||20 & above||Single supplement|
Extra cost of Airfare (Economy class / Subject to change) :-
USD 864.00 Per person for KTM / LXA / KTM round-trip.
USD.448.00 Per person for KTM / LXA one-way.
USD 426.00.Per person for LXA / KTM one-way.
- Airfare (given above separately)
- Chinese visa fee (In US$ /subject to change and to be paid
directly in Kathmandu) :
Nationality Normal Fee Urgent Fee Top Urgent Fee USA 166.00 182.00 209.00 Romanian 93.00 106.00 112.00 Serbian 81.00 93.00 107.00 Other Nationals 70.00 86.00 107.00
- Nepal Airport departure Tax & Nepal re-entry visa fee.
- Expenses of a private nature such as Lunch, Dinner, photography, telephone, beverages, tips etc.
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, or cancellations due to weather or technical problem, accidents, road blockage due to landslides or snowfalls etc.
|Hotels to be used or similar|
|City||Standard Hotels||First Class Hotels|
|Lhasa||Hotel Shangbala/Kailash Hotel/Yak Hotel||LhasaHotel/Mansarovar Hotel|
|Gyantse||Jianzang Hotel||Gyantse Hotel|
|Shigatse||Darawa Hotel/Mansarovar Hotel||Shigatse Hotel|
|Tsedang||Snow Pigeon Hotel/Yulong Holiday Hotel||Tsedang Hotel|
- In order to avail Tibetan Permit, client has to stay minimum 03 nights in Kathmandu if the client is entering Tibet via Kathmandu.
- Booking Conditions: At least 4 weeks prior to your tour, full passport details of the pax i.e. FAMILY NAME / GIVEN NAME / SEX/ NATIONALITY/DATE OF BIRTH/PASSPORT NO OCCUPATION/PASSPORT VALIDITY should reach us. We also need a copy of the passport. Kindly note that the client's passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the date of entry in Tibet and the passport must be an ordinary one ( NO OFFICIAL AND DIPLOMATIC).
- Chinese Viasa :Upon receipt of your full passport details, we will process and apply for Tibet permit and Chinese visa. We require the passport of all the clients upon arrival in Kathmandu. Chinese visa obtained in other countries is not valid for entering Tibet via Nepal. Hence one must obtain the Chinese visa locally here in Kathmandu which is issued as GROUP VISA on a sheet of paper. Chinese embassy gives visa only on Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays in Kathmandu. Please note that visa regulation for Tibet are subject to change.
- We are unable to process Chinese visa for those travelling with official or diplomatic passport. Hence clients must travel with an ordinary passport.
- Tibet Travel Permit : Once we get the passport details of the pax, we will obtain Tibet Travel permit from Lhasa. FYI this is a must document to travel to Tibet as pax will not be allowed to enter Tibet without Tibet Travel permit despite. We take care of all the needful to obtain Tibet Travel permit prior to Client's arrival in Nepal
- Sightseeing places and order of tours are subject to change as per weather, road condition and approval by the local authorities.
- Flights : Air China is the only airline operating flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa. Below is the its present schedule: April to October: 04 flights a week (SUN / TUE / THU / SAT). November to March: ( TUE / SAT/SUN)
|KTM / LXA||CA 408||1145||1520|
|LXA / KTM||CA 407||1140||1040|
Schedule of Air China is subject to change without prior notice.
........ Our Other Tour Packages ........